Dutch Bros Sticker in a Starbucks Line

It never ceases to strike me as funny,
how people will advertise where they spend money.
In this case a sticker to show his allegiance,
to the way he drinks coffee and added ingredients.
For some like it blended with a base made of dairy:
no frappucinos, their calories are scary.
Some want the kind with the kicker stuff in it,
with milder espresso, there's no way to spin it.
Some say they just want to keep business local
And Seattle is foreign? (I know, I'm gettin' vocal.)
I tend to be one who appreciates variety:
a number of places for espresso sobriety.
Something somewhat strong at the start of the day,
to jumpstart my brain before entering the fray.
On the weekends or at night if I'm wanting a treat,
a little less punch and a little more sweet.
I offer no fealty to one kind or another,
I pledge no allegiance to a star or a brother.
My fidelity lies with the maker of the bean,
not the roasters in Portland, but the One who is Unseen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Portland

The Best (I shouldn't have) Laid (down) Plans

Biggest Loser Casting Call