Most of my close friends and family know what's been going on with me and my intestines. Despite the severity of things I have tried to keep things light. I've tried to not be that whiny person who focuses on the negative. Unfortunately, acting positive doesn't always translate to doing. By that I mean that I have been a bit of a bedroom, bathroom and recliner potato for the past 8 months. I have attempted to be get out a little, or have people over, but have cancelled a lot of those engagements - many at the last minute. Today I had planned on accomplishing a little bit of personal stuff - finishing some cleaning at the old residence and picking up a final piece of furniture for the room where I now live. It has been a rough week, though, with a lot of eruptions and even some new pain in my joints. When I went to the doctor yesterday I was also informed that my blood pressure was up - way up - and that didn't settle very well with me. So when I woke up dizzy this morni...
Okey dokey do the hokey pokey write my name and song down on the square: karaoke throw a little salt down smile, you're a circus clown keep it light and simple for the fans; hide the real frown frustrate ingrate say too much they migrate shut the mouth and let it slide again yeah I'm first rate Shout loud real proud say the words calm the crowd speak the truth be cryptic because that's what it's all about
Painted toenails gild tanned feet flip flop tanline intact Air thick with the smell of vibrant things a trail of sweat runs down my back Sundress hiked up and tied to miss terra disturbed by my task water wakes up with a gurgle and spit flowers come alive and bask "Mama" comes scratching, cluck cooing low drawn by the sound of the spray knowing full well that the watering brings up the worms at this time of day Neighboring fields bring the swish of a tail a hoof stamps the ground in a game Calf moos hello to the horse in the next field horse seems to whinny back the same Dragonflies flit and tease on the pond trout hover close to the surface toads bellow from behind the frond nothing is here without purpose Decorations, the flowers, are sated for now the water diverted to the yard the garden is next with its rows hand plowed and the trees in the back standing guard A cool breeze blows refreshing and sweet lifting the curls at my neck a look to my wrist: no deadlines to meet j...
Comments
Post a Comment