It seems I've got a muse these days...my writing, which had put itself on hold for a while, has suddenly resuscitated itself and the poetry is exploding outta me like some kind of literary geyser. Please feel free to comment on this stuff. Let me know if it's crap or if it moves you.
Sweet Sickness
There is a sweet sickness running through my veins. It is a fever affecting every part of me.
Visions appear to me, my body trembles. Celestial words and sighs issue forth from my lips, seeking the one who will understand, the one from whom the sickness came.
Flushed cheeks and glistening brow proclaim the severity of my condition. My heart races...my soul in tow.
A door opens, a face appears, relief and healing have arrived.
Stillness for my rushing heart, solace for my restless soul, peace for my trembling form.
The healer, the interpreter, the sickness giver: offering comfort without touch, yet my senses are awakened as if held in his arms.
Okey dokey do the hokey pokey write my name and song down on the square: karaoke throw a little salt down smile, you're a circus clown keep it light and simple for the fans; hide the real frown frustrate ingrate say too much they migrate shut the mouth and let it slide again yeah I'm first rate Shout loud real proud say the words calm the crowd speak the truth be cryptic because that's what it's all about
Most of my close friends and family know what's been going on with me and my intestines. Despite the severity of things I have tried to keep things light. I've tried to not be that whiny person who focuses on the negative. Unfortunately, acting positive doesn't always translate to doing. By that I mean that I have been a bit of a bedroom, bathroom and recliner potato for the past 8 months. I have attempted to be get out a little, or have people over, but have cancelled a lot of those engagements - many at the last minute. Today I had planned on accomplishing a little bit of personal stuff - finishing some cleaning at the old residence and picking up a final piece of furniture for the room where I now live. It has been a rough week, though, with a lot of eruptions and even some new pain in my joints. When I went to the doctor yesterday I was also informed that my blood pressure was up - way up - and that didn't settle very well with me. So when I woke up dizzy this morni...
In 2005 I was teaching at a private alternative school in Balston, OR. I LOVED that job: not so much the paperwork and planning that comes with teaching, but working with teens that did not fit the “normal” bill. In October of that year I was informed that I needed to enroll in school as well as teach it. I was so excited to find out that not only did I get to go for my masters degree and teacher certification, I was going to be able to go on someone else’s dime! I went through the application hoops, took the MAT, bought my books, and in December I started a new cohort at Western Oregon University. After my first term there I was elated to find myself sporting my first ever 4.0 GPA. My classes had all been about adolescents: psychology, learning styles and development. I had found my passion! I was eager to start the next term until I took the first term bill into my boss and she said I would need to pay it. WHAT? That’s when things started going south… and without realizing it, I took...
Comments
Post a Comment