Messy Room

I find myself at a loss for words.
I find myself at a loss for specific words.
I find myself at a loss for specific words
that will somehow convey this message.

Creative candor escapes me
and all I can come up with
is a police report:
just the facts ma'am.

I've been sick a lot lately; stomach issues mostly.
My immune system is weak, too.
I can catch a cold but I can't seem to catch a break.
I bruise a lot easier: inside and out.

I've missed a lot of work.
I've been to the doctor a lot and I've filled out a lot of paperwork.
I thought I was over it.
I think I was wrong.

I was asked to resign from work.
I wanted to do the right thing.
I ended up doing both.
I did the right thing, and resigned.

There is a messy room.
It's been messy for a long time.
The room has always been big enough to handle the mess.
I think that may have changed.

The mess didn't grow and the room didn't shrink.
The walls just grew weak.
The door cracked.
The windows broke.

There's a connection.
It may not be clear.
It may be crystal clear.
It's time to make it clear.

Time to clean up the mess.
Well...
Time to clean up the mess, again.
Well...
Time to try and clean up the mess again.
Okay...
Time to clean up the mess once and for all.
Yeah.

What do I keep? What do I give away?
What do I toss aside?
What things will be easy to part with?
What things will I have to mourn?

What do I have that was given to me?
What should I never have accepted?
What worthless items have I treasured?
What precious things have I abused?

What was real?
What was painful?
What was glorious?
It's time to sort it all out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Portland

The Best (I shouldn't have) Laid (down) Plans

Biggest Loser Casting Call