Tonight I write.

Tonight I write;
for right and for spite,
the trite and the bite,
the oversight,
wanting to take flight.

Tonight I type;
taking a swipe,
addressing the hype,
the time beyond ripe
for this healing gripe.

Tonight a diatribe,
with a fighter's vibe
I'm taking a gibe
and as I ascribe
I cease to imbibe.

...and the big sigh
is a sure sign.
Time to do this
line by line.

When I first started this little bit of processing I was one day short of a year in writing again. Of course, now that I've taken some time to re-think the direction of where I was going with this particular train of thought, I have missed the mark by 19 days. Ah well.

This one day short phenomenon happens often with me and writing/journaling. One day short of a month, one day short of a week, one day short of a decade... It's as if God has set some kind of one-day-shy alarm clock in me that makes me wake up one day before some kind of deadline that probably only seems important to me. I'm weird about time going by. I watch it, and compare it - analyze it almost - and take note of strange things, often small things... sometimes not so small, sometimes not so strange.

November 25th, for instance, was my one year anniversary of being back in Texas. November is also the month that I allowed God to break a very large shackle in my life... December 1st was my one year anniversary of working at Sun Coast. December also brings the anniversary of the deaths of my friends Rita, and James, as well as the celebration of my second Christmas in Texas.

There is a 6 month anniversary coming up, too, one that I'll leave unnamed for now. I've been up and down, over and under, above and below, this way and that with this experience. Tonight especially I think I've come to the end of my ability to cope. I mean, I know I haven't - I'm being a *little bit* overly dramatic here - but I have come to what I believe is the end of the line with the experience. I mean, how much are we supposed to take, and I'm not talking about suffering or anything like that. I'm talking about doing the right thing and being smart... I'd venture to say that when you get to the point where your cloak of kindness has turned into a doormat of abuse it's time to pick up the doormat and quit being walked on. It's unfortunate that you really can't undo the transformation.

Usury - neither the deed nor the mindset - is not easily undone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Portland

The Best (I shouldn't have) Laid (down) Plans

Biggest Loser Casting Call